|Leader||Imperial President Lucius Bryant|
|Animal||Great Golden Eagle|
The Imperial Republic of Asterdan is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Imperial President Lucius Bryant with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 13.603 billion Asterians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asteria. The average income tax rate is 72.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Asterian economy, worth a remarkable 1,751 trillion asts a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 128,755 asts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines', politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity, and drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Asterdan's national animal is the Great Golden Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Asterdan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Asterdan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in Asterdan, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web.
- : Asterdan altered its national flag.
- : Asterdan was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Asterdan ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Asterdan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Asterdan's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Asterdan's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Asterdan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.