The Red Meritocracy of Asmovia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 17.067 billion Asmovians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Powellton. The average income tax rate is 85.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Asmovian economy, worth 998 trillion Asmovians a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. Average income is 58,521 Asmovians, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Heartfelt sentiments are mercilessly marketed by a million-Asmovian treacle machine, people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark, and dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Asmovia's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Asmovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Asmovia was endorsed by The Exiled Immortal Empire of Oblitus Terras.
- : Asmovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Asmovia was endorsed by The Republic of Colonalia.
- : Asmovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Asmovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Asmovia was endorsed by Psychanautica.
- : Asmovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and the Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Asmovia was endorsed by The Holy Red State of Skogatopia.
- : Asmovia's influence in Spiritus rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".