The Holy Green Woods of Ashrah is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Maraja Alara with a fair hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, compulsory vegetarianism, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 15.367 billion Ashrahians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alabra. The average income tax rate is 99.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Ashrahian economy, worth a remarkable 2,836 trillion Seys a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 184,605 Seys, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi, the "feminist protest" defence is increasingly common for cases of armed robbery, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside, and a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ashrah's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ashrah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Ashrah, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park.
- : Following new legislation in Ashrah, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Ashrah, the "feminist protest" defence is increasingly common for cases of armed robbery.
- : Following new legislation in Ashrah, pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi.
- : Following new legislation in Ashrah, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Ashrah endorsed The Republic of Tscharva.
- : Ashrah endorsed The Kingdom of The Wisteria Islands.
- : Ashrah was endorsed by The Republic of Tscharva.
- : Ashrah was endorsed by The Kingdom of The Wisteria Islands.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Ruinenlust, Novian Republics, Cheloboria, Ownzone, Cat-Herders United, Feladria, Canaltia, Appendia, Lura, Ransium, Turbeaux, Pen Blanityion, Anachronolandia, Atsvea, Hyon Delta, Ordand, Ironic Remarks, Hoochlandia, Effazio, Forgotten Beauty, Frieden-und Freudenland, Simbolon, The Most Serene Republicans, Terrabod, Blue Nagia, Garbelia, Uniania Geeth, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Daarwyrth, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Uan aa Boa, Doxstern, Jutsa, East Skirsburg, New Kvenland, Bunkaiia, Roless, Difinbelk 2, Kyratistani, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Verdant Haven, Dasche, The Wisteria Islands, and Tscharva.