The Imperial Republic of Ashoy is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Ahan Shetty with a fair hand, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, keen interest in outer space, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 6.293 billion Ashoyians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antropodolis. The average income tax rate is 87.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ashoyian economy, worth a remarkable 1,173 trillion Atins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 186,546 Atins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Most citizens in Ashoy are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, the government is interviewing for thousands of 'Religious Censor' positions, economists have been named Invertebrates of the Year, and more money is spent on policing the welfare system for abuse than on the welfare system itself. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ashoy's national animal is the Golden Griffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ashoy was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Ashoy was endorsed by The Post-Apocalyptic Monarchy of Lamaredia.
- : Following new legislation in Ashoy, more money is spent on policing the welfare system for abuse than on the welfare system itself.
- : Following new legislation in Ashoy, economists have been named Invertebrates of the Year.
- : Ashoy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Ashoy voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Following new legislation in Ashoy, the government is interviewing for thousands of 'Religious Censor' positions.
- : Ashoy was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Ashoy, most citizens in Ashoy are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Ashoy, the new "Bloodbath" orange tree autonomously seeks and destroys independent orchards.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Custadia, Treadwellia, The Sigometh Dynasty, Inceptio, Aigania, Leonism, The Salvation States, Darcaethir, Arkanik, Aaecilia, Guiness Freaks, New Rogernomics, Navordia, Aflana, Aguaria Major, Emperor PJ, The Daedric Lords, Steel Vagabonds, Loftegen 3, Nargorthia, Sombrassino, Margandy, Mainze, Burning Pants, Xracona, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Rommanda, Capercom, Lazarene Ryccia, Laporter, Bobs raider puppet, Nova Zemlya, Snoodum, Caybow, Killer Kitty, Zekrosz, Glorious Society, Perchan, Aegis-5, Wishper, Outlaw Conformity, Debussy, Owans, Bravenewworld, Northern Rosary Isles, Russiane, Uhanda, Mo-Po-Lo-Jo-To-Jo, Courlany, Darkium, and 29 others.Grand Place, Othan, Aleckandor, Ladandtopia, Saribadz, The Islands of Colwell, Sireco, The United Syrian States, TypoTech, The Centrucian Empire, Frankender, Mercicuria, Nucular, Shadowra, Auralon, Northern Westwald, Hyperboreans, Dernel, Delta Vega IV, Trumps Dictatorship, Amertheria, 1482, Arclandia, Rangers Brotherhood, Silver Minner, The Celestial Lands, Tolfaer, Centralized Utopia, and Lamaredia.