The Empire of Ashist is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Aaron with an iron fist, and remarkable for its national health service, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cynical population of 3.468 billion Ashists are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperium. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Ashist economy, worth 483 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 139,478 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory, police officers often head to work wearing onesies and fluffy pink bunny-slippers, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams, and the skeletons of lost tourists litter the ground of the Great Ashist Desert. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ashist's national animal is the Black Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ashist's influence in The North Pacific fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Ashist's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Ashist altered its national flag.
- : Ashist relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Ashist was refounded in Balder.
- : Ashist ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Ashist was endorsed by The People's Republic of Cellorigo.
- : Ashist was endorsed by The Republic of Pandessiand.
- : Ashist was endorsed by The Imperial Royal Empire of Varola.
- : Ashist was endorsed by The United States of Calamazo.