The Socialist Federal Republic of Ashenov is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Piotr Dragovic with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, ubiquitous missile silos, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.033 billion Ashenovians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Industry are also considered important, while Administration and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belgrade. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Ashenovian economy, worth 937 trillion Ashenovian Rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 232,486 Ashenovian Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler', child labor has been outlawed, there are six more weeks of winter if a northerner sees his shadow, and the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ashenov's national animal is the Brown Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ashenov was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in Ashenov, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers.
- : Following new legislation in Ashenov, there are six more weeks of winter if a northerner sees his shadow.
- : Following new legislation in Ashenov, child labor has been outlawed.
- : Ashenov was endorsed by The Dear Leader of Vetelo.
- : Ashenov created a custom banner.
- : Ashenov was endorsed by The Fylkirate of Ravnabbor.
- : Ashenov endorsed The United Socialist States of The Siberian Urals.
- : Ashenov endorsed The Dear Leader of Vetelo.
- : Ashenov endorsed The Fylkirate of Ravnabbor.