The Empire of Arx Obex is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its digital currency, infamous sell-swords, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 709 million Arx Obexians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arxia. The average income tax rate is 26.8%.
The powerhouse Arx Obexian economy, worth 79.0 trillion Solduses a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 111,436 Solduses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Frat-house partying has become the national pastime, nations that kill an Arx Obexian can expect a strongly worded letter, meteorologists are instantly recognizable from their luxury cars and jewelry, and it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arx Obex's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arx Obex was endorsed by The Kingdom of Ceutana.
- : Arx Obex was endorsed by The Free Land of Grouu.
- : Arx Obex endorsed The Commonwealth of Solondor.
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Arx Obex was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Solondor.
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, meteorologists are instantly recognizable from their luxury cars and jewelry.
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, nations that kill an Arx Obexian can expect a strongly worded letter.
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, frat-house partying has become the national pastime.
- : Arx Obex voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Debtor Voting Rights".
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
Endorsements Received: 84 » Escevola, Hanguk-Nippon, Tsunamy, Luddinlande, The Solar System Scope, PEPEP, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Quiescent, Farengeto, Linguiniland, United States of Vietnam, Lotadia, Volaworand, Jehenna, Commonwealth Of Astoria, Ridehale, Great Vritannia, Calistan, Holy Dominate, Techganet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Tsvetania, Westoc Kinness, Pastir, Akiponesia, Antarctic Empires, Paranoia, Lambdaland, Miesce, The Exarchate of the West, Bawkie, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Saciu, Rocode, Curlyhoward, Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Drugged Monkeys, Jaxon, Midand, New Briantown, Sandaoguo, Nudnoji, Kringalia, Hasilberg, Drystar, United States 16, Atomic Garden, Imperial Snasdep, and 34 others.Imperiium, Oskyelion, Ezeleah, Litorauria, Sedunn, Erinor, The Sk8ing Unicorn, Concrete Slab, Vincent Field, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Galaxy Federation, UnShleepd, Esfalsa, Aguatania, Democratic Drals Tum, Zenopolist, Silberne Wache, Elveka, Capitalistic Pig, The National Corporation, Revellan, Aywhyou, Flame Lords, Macrothea, Shengtie, Isokenzar, Barabarom, Anachronolandia, Nakarisaune, Solondor, Grouu, and Ceutana.