The Empire of Arx Obex is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, pith helmet sales, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 369 million Arx Obexians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arxia. The average income tax rate is 63.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Arx Obexian economy, worth 39.5 trillion Solduses a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 106,980 Solduses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm, the government snoops on private internet connections, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts, and tax revenue is often intercepted by international accountants before ever seeing the national treasury. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arx Obex's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, tax revenue is often intercepted by international accountants before ever seeing the national treasury.
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts.
- : Arx Obex was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Arx Obex endorsed The Democratic Republic of Vincent Field.
- : Arx Obex voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Coalition of Fascist Nations".
- : Arx Obex voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing the Execution of Innocents"".
- : Arx Obex voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing the Execution of Innocents"".
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm.
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, police drones follow every suspected Peeping Tom.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Beepee, Escevola, Hanguk-Nippon, Tsunamy, Luddinlande, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, The Solar System Scope, PEPEP, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Quiescent, Farengeto, Linguiniland, United States of Vietnam, Lotadia, Volaworand, Jehenna, Commonwealth Of Astoria, Ridehale, Great Vritannia, Calistan, Holy Dominate, Techganet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Tsvetania, Westoc Kinness, Aumeltopia, Pastir, Land of Warrior Hounds, Akiponesia, Antarctic Empires, Paranoia, Lambdaland, Miesce, Mitandersfors, The Exarchate of the West, Tau Xen, Bawkie, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Saciu, Rocode, Curlyhoward, Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Drugged Monkeys, Jaxon, Midand, Esfalsa, New Briantown, Puerto Madryn, and 19 others.Sandaoguo, Nudnoji, Kringalia, Hasilberg, Drystar, Neo Ecotopia, United States 16, Atomic Garden, Imperial Snasdep, Imperiium, Oskyelion, Ezeleah, Litorauria, Sedunn, Erinor, Republic of the Teutons, The Sk8ing Unicorn, Concrete Slab, and Vincent Field.