The Empire of Arx Obex is a tiny, safe nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, keen interest in outer space, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 18 million Arx Obexians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 37.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Arx Obexian economy, worth 980 billion solduses a year, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 54,493 solduses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, neighboring nations are tired of Arx Obex's big fish stories, money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them, and hell is not always other people. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arx Obex's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, hell is not always other people.
- : Arx Obex was endorsed by The Resident CRAZY of Rebel-topia.
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them.
- : Arx Obex endorsed The United Kingdom of Land With a Proper Amount of Shrimp.
- : Arx Obex was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Land With a Proper Amount of Shrimp.
- : Arx Obex's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, neighboring nations are tired of Arx Obex's big fish stories.
- : Arx Obex voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Int'l Service of Process".
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : Following new legislation in Arx Obex, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Beepee, Typica, Escevola, Hanguk-Nippon, Tsunamy, Luddinlande, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, The Solar System Scope, PEPEP, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Quiescent, Farengeto, Linguiniland, United States of Vietnam, Lotadia, Volaworand, Jehenna, Commonwealth Of Astoria, Jaxon, Dennair, Ridehale, Midand, Great Vritannia, Calistan, Holy Dominate, Stalvarctic, Techganet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Land With a Proper Amount of Shrimp, and Rebel-topia.