|Leader||Prime Minister John Greatwall|
The Kingdom of Arvenia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister John Greatwall with an iron fist, and renowned for its disturbing lack of elderly people, smutty television, and ritual sacrifices. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 12.96 billion Arvenians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Oxford. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 71.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Arvenian economy, worth a remarkable 1,772 trillion Arvenian Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 136,738 Arvenian Pounds, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
Judges are all-powerful, private law firms are unheard of, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists, and only 'organics' are permitted to be citizens. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arvenia's national animal is the Arvenian Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Megandelanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arvenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Arvenia published "Current Government" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Arvenia lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- : Arvenia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Arvenia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Arvenia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Following new legislation in Arvenia, only 'organics' are permitted to be citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Arvenia, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists.
- : Arvenia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Arvenia relocated from Leonardia to The Rejected Realms.