|Leader||Prime Minister John Greatwall|
The Kingdom of Arvenia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minister John Greatwall with an iron fist, and notable for its ritual sacrifices, ubiquitous missile silos, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 12.756 billion Arvenians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Oxford. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 70.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Arvenian economy, worth a remarkable 1,756 trillion Arvenian Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 137,699 Arvenian Pounds, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
The term cold case has taken on a very literal meaning, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to New Oxford to enjoy their national art, judges are all-powerful, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arvenia's national animal is the Arvenian Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Megandelanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arvenia's influence in Leonardia fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Arvenia's influence in Leonardia rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Arvenia relocated from Cosaslavia to Leonardia.
- : Arvenia's influence in Cosaslavia rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : The Protectorate of Bonertia appointed Arvenia as Diplomacy Officer with authority over Embassies in Cosaslavia.
- : Arvenia relocated from Lazarus to Cosaslavia.
- : Following new legislation in Arvenia, private law firms are unheard of.
- : Following new legislation in Arvenia, judges are all-powerful.
- : Arvenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Arvenia, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to New Oxford to enjoy their national art.