The Grand Monarchy of Ars Britannia is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its public floggings, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.479 billion Ars Britannians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Albion. The average income tax rate is 78.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Ars Britannian economy, worth 182 trillion Britannian Pounds a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 123,113 Britannian Pounds, with the richest citizens earning 5.2 times as much as the poorest.
At the edge of the final frontier space's biggest missile platform is about to unfold, worried-looking neonatal nurses are being deployed in place of SWAT teams during dangerous drug busts, new government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps, and homophobia is off the menu. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ars Britannia's national animal is the Shih Tzu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ars Britannia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Helaw".
- : Following new legislation in Ars Britannia, homophobia is off the menu.
- : Ars Britannia endorsed The People's Republic of Shiavania.
- : Ars Britannia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Shiavania.
- : Following new legislation in Ars Britannia, new government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps.
- : Following new legislation in Ars Britannia, worried-looking neonatal nurses are being deployed in place of SWAT teams during dangerous drug busts.
- : Ars Britannia was endorsed by The Principality of Sil Dorsett.
- : Following new legislation in Ars Britannia, at the edge of the final frontier space's biggest missile platform is about to unfold.
- : Ars Britannia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Ars Britannia, schoolboys trained in chivalry are encouraged to duel other boys for a maiden's hand.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Siwale, Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Shibutani, Empy, Yaorozu, Hyperbanus, PlanetPunk, Sundred, Eravonia, Bayern-Straubing, Kwaj, Kylesburgh, McMasterdonia, Albacria, United Draconia, Quranite, CedieRKing, Sahriastan, Koda-Land, Frances Francis the First of France, Notyoutopia, Mzeusia, Varagog, Atain, Liberentis, Gladio II, Former English Colony, Shin-Hachioji, The Mace Kingdom, Shadowrik, Ethnon, The United States of Romania, Holy Oranz, Zeternia, Buckerino, THX1138, Q w e r t y, Pizza Squared, Pallaith, Wineclaw, Guslantis, Prickly Town, Sacrento, Catopia2, Wildthorne, Selfgradatude, United Republic of Ohanian, Xinchao, Sunto, and 13 others.Wodan, Amauri, Alsace and Lorraine United, Malta Comino Gozo, Abject Ludicrosity, Sanjurika, Waterma, I am the one who knocks, Maracuyana, Dovena, The Pantheons, Sil Dorsett, and Shiavania.