The Grand Monarchy of Ars Britannia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Empress Riliane with a fair hand, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, ubiquitous missile silos, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 3.295 billion Ars Britannians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Albion. The average income tax rate is 60.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ars Britannian economy, worth 445 trillion Britannian Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 135,238 Britannian Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high, it is a silent spring in Ars Britannia, slackers at work are told to "crack on with it", and the Museum of Blackacrean War Crimes is located on "Blackacre Did Nothing Wrong Avenue". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Ars Britannia's national animal is the Shih Tzu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ars Britannia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ars Britannia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Ars Britannia, the Museum of Blackacrean War Crimes is located on "Blackacre Did Nothing Wrong Avenue".
- : Following new legislation in Ars Britannia, slackers at work are told to "crack on with it".
- : Following new legislation in Ars Britannia, it is a silent spring in Ars Britannia.
- : Ars Britannia altered its national flag.
- : Ars Britannia was refounded in Balder.
- : Ars Britannia ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Ars Britannia was endorsed by Medra community and independent society.
- : Ars Britannia was endorsed by The Empire of Nakayo.