The Commonwealth of Arracrania is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 746 million Arrecije live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government prioritizes Industry, although Education, Defense, and Administration are also considered important, while Law & Order and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tavirtad. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 14.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Arrecije economy, worth 118 trillion iasetas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 159,325 iasetas, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 944,936 per year while the poor average 12,365, a ratio of 76.4 to 1.
Preservative-laden Arrecije cheeses will be as edible when archaeologists dig them up next millennium, lawyers turn down litigation cases and corporate work in order to focus on lucrative public defence work, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails, and the nation is stuck in permanent election mode as politicians demand constant do-overs. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Arracrania's national animal is the Sailor-Mouthed Parakeet, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Arracrania, the nation is stuck in permanent election mode as politicians demand constant do-overs.
- : Following new legislation in Arracrania, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails.
- : Following new legislation in Arracrania, lawyers turn down litigation cases and corporate work in order to focus on lucrative public defence work.
- : Following new legislation in Arracrania, preservative-laden Arrecije cheeses will be as edible when archaeologists dig them up next millennium.
- : Following new legislation in Arracrania, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Arracrania, former customs officers are adjusting to their new lives as market stall traders.
- : Arracrania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fattest Citizens and the Top 5% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Arracrania, the nation was recently voted as the most stylish in the West Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Arracrania, religious epiphanies are often cited as a reason for high school drop-outs.
- : Following new legislation in Arracrania, bemused schoolkids colour in their favourite quadratic equations with crayons.
Endorsements Received: 166 » Recuecn, Bran Astor, Fujai, Zoran, Fuentana, Gryphonian Alliance, Bhang Bhang Duc, Psikuta, Kalla, Kisovec, Pi Island, The Rega, Free Radio States, The Fourth Redoubt, Scationtanland, Mercia Regnum, Pandaland III, Gastenburg, New Belia, Albyion Kingdom, DiscGolfLand, BoxcarJim, Leukogeras, Barcocoland, Pandaland II, Atheist States of Philippines, Sindria, Resurgence City, Comia Noracon, Mirchusko, Surroosia, The Technocratic Ideas, Condonohia, Imperial Eascalsh Ohavillbell, Dreamers for Hope, The Father-Land, Cryland, Westwind, Nedtherland, Kiensu, Kittenlicious, Matism, United Adaikes, Lynier, Quevilis, Wyndward, Acropylae, Thyrall, Arnic, Avadon, and 116 others.Marshalia, Constantinopolisia, Xupqeu, Greg Tucker, Loegries, Twisted Duality, New Democratic Republic of Russia, SBAHJlandia, Sultanat of Turkistan, Starblazer, Bodusse, Desmosthenes and Burke, The Grandest Empire, Athrid HullHund, Win Mints, Western End Them Son, Vlobbania, Arvladma, The United Tribes of Bantai, Dank Content, Lanaroce, Eritasia, Common Good, The Anclave, Svanland, Kabayan, Pernacyvokya, Bonelandia, Oronia, Neon Sweden, Loughton, Marina Nova, Triestine, Archonina, The Undivided, Libterraria, Shaktirajya, Escapitania, Greynne, Mathematania, Ellcrys, Ferroia, Ingentis Novus, Sik Levi, Divina Patriae, Atopias, Q The Almighty, The Isle of Burgrass, Paschalia, Rubberduckia, The North American Assembly, Zenduria, Nieubasria, Wickedly evil people, Nevafornia, Robbinston, Ignuei, Turizion, The Northeastern Confederation, IndyCar Racing, Iriso, Democratic Peoples Freedonia, Vasilism, Eskaton, Av Libertas Vindex, Kathlenia, New Kigali, Al-Amanah, Formenor, Big Bertha, Demetrian, Vixvick, Theicor, Holmani, Antahbrantahstan, 3kruimels, Numpties, Amanohara, Liberillia, Craiolia, Atleska, New Caterse, Asuravali, Eienn, Plankstein, Fumafuma, Tropical Isles, Bova Ptaltand, Hiems, Reklim, Parinan, Mediobogdum, Inner Paniumati, Saransh, Papercuts and Skittles, Isle Royale, The Antarctic Empires, Futuo, Oometz, Carvell, Cro Magnon, Thevinia, Fhaengshia, Troodan, The Citizens of Victoria, Irador, Santos-Dominius, Emark, Giovanniland, Zollipsia, Dilber, Gracelantia, Samueliebox, Hamburg Neo, Hertfordshire and Jammbo, and Bobki.