|Faith||TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST|
The Empire of Arouran is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by King Silvers with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, free-roaming dinosaurs, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.482 billion Arouranians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Silver City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 74.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Arouranian economy, worth a remarkable 1,103 trillion Goldcoins a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 170,301 Goldcoins, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 787,546 per year while the poor average 22,217, a ratio of 35.4 to 1.
No-one bats an eye when 'really good platonic friends' of the same sex hold hands in Arouran, the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?", invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days, and the government regrets to say that it is forced to make cuts to citizens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arouran's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arouran was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Patriotic.
- : Arouran was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Talakra.
- : Arouran endorsed The Erratic Entomophiles of MikGonnia.
- : Arouran voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Thaecia".
- : Arouran voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Elections and Assistance Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Arouran, the government regrets to say that it is forced to make cuts to citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Arouran, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Following new legislation in Arouran, the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?".
- : Following new legislation in Arouran, no-one bats an eye when 'really good platonic friends' of the same sex hold hands in Arouran.
- : Following new legislation in Arouran, it's entirely possible foreign diplomats misheard when Arouran offered the words "peace be upon you".
Endorsements Received: 81 » VW53Aland, Marrabuk, H-Zhena, Rainbow Vests, Kangarawa, BearStackof2015, Brotherland, Wiranath, Am Echad, East Malaysia, Asendavia, Talitoa, A Slanted Black Stripe, Ridann, Dragons Blood, Merlovich, Republic of Berzerkistan, Pakitsk, Axdel, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, A mean old man, Greater New Cassandra, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Stellar Colonies, Freedom Fascists, New Leganes, Lingu, Oofery, Tawuse, Gunov, Coruh, Layngderfleethe, Modra, Acronis, Debluu, Tassirion, FreedomIand, Dannemarie, From New World, Cellar Doors, Sunsistan, Under Upper Antartica, Eastern Alksearia, Argentianworkslasia, North Bernia, Dravida India, Jove Mahmo, Technocratic Tagalog, and 31 others.Fellon, Spiruvania, Obridles, Nythi, Dahom, Veterans Association, Sapre, Roissyland, Aquyia, Northern Celavon, ArenaC, Wallenburg, Aivintis, Formaro, Hizuru, The Atlae Isles, Quebec-and-Maritimes, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Preat, Alemannian Empire, Sokala, Edwardsport, Juangpen, Squid Ruinosa, Nereua, CheeseBurrito, Canadian Technocrats, Old Uppland, Kandorith, MikGonnia, and Talakra.