The Republic of Arnalach is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Pragorr Graggioca with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, ubiquitous missile silos, and lack of airports. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 3.54 billion Arnalachians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dragorre City. The average income tax rate is 57.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Arnalachian economy, worth 208 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 58,809 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Saying "don't do anything that Pragorr Graggioca wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal, arbitration is mightier than the sword, all industry is owned and run by the government, and the police insist that racism does not exist. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arnalach's national animal is the elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Anthemia.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Arnalach, the police insist that racism does not exist.
- : Arnalach was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Arnalach, all industry is owned and run by the government.
- : Arnalach was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Arnalach, arbitration is mightier than the sword.
- : Following new legislation in Arnalach, saying "don't do anything that Pragorr Graggioca wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal.
- : Following new legislation in Arnalach, giant no-kill traps baited with Bapst Red Ribbon and vintage bicycles have been popping up in back alleys nationwide.
- : Following new legislation in Arnalach, the industries of Arnalach are coughing all the way to the bank.
- : Following new legislation in Arnalach, jaywalking is punishable by public flogging.
- : Arnalach published "Public Conduct in Appearance" (Factbook: Culture).