The Republic of Arlenton is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by the President of Arlenton with an iron fist, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, smutty television, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 10.33 billion Arlentans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Social Policy and Environment not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Charleston. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Arlentan economy, worth a remarkable 2,316 trillion Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 224,262 Dollars, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,818,568 per year while the poor average 6,136, a ratio of 296 to 1.
Elite teams of assassins have been sent into Brasilistan, the armed forces have designated 'murder teams' that root out rebels in Brasilistan, captured Brasilistani POWs are staying in 5-star hotels, and indigenous tribal elders can be recognised by their designer watches and expensive suits. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Arlenton's national animal is the Arlenton Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arlenton was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Arlenton, indigenous tribal elders can be recognised by their designer watches and expensive suits.
- : Arlenton was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Arlenton was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate and the Top 5% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Arlenton was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Arlenton's influence in The Capitalist Alliance rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Arlenton published "..." (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Arlenton's influence in The Capitalist Alliance fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Arlenton was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Arlenton was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.