The Federation of Arktos City is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and compulsory military service. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 121 million Arktos Cityians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Welfare, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.4%.
The very strong Arktos Cityian economy, worth 8.14 trillion gems a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is 67,274 gems, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 241,971 per year while the poor average 13,387, a ratio of 18.1 to 1.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and nude art is becoming wildly popular. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent. Arktos City's national animal is the Penguin, which can occasionally be seen avoiding garbage in the nation's murky oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arktos City's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Arktos City was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector and Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Arktos City lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Arktos City altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Arktos City, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Arktos City, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Arktos City was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Following new legislation in Arktos City, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Arktos City, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Arktos City was founded in The South Pacific.