|Leader||Sultan Arif Nazhim Shah|
The Sultanate of Arifiyyah is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Sultan Arif Nazhim Shah with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 1.153 billion Arifians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Medina Arif. The average income tax rate is 71.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Arifian economy, worth 129 trillion Arif Ringgits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 112,353 Arif Ringgits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Atheistic refugees haven't got a prayer of being granted asylum, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, political speeches always take place at sunset to a background of patriotic power ballads, and sex offenders find themselves cut off from the ability to repeat their crimes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arifiyyah's national animal is the Orangutan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Arifiyyah, sex offenders find themselves cut off from the ability to repeat their crimes.
- : Following new legislation in Arifiyyah, political speeches always take place at sunset to a background of patriotic power ballads.
- : Following new legislation in Arifiyyah, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
- : Following new legislation in Arifiyyah, atheistic refugees haven't got a prayer of being granted asylum.
- : Following new legislation in Arifiyyah, workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year.
- : Arifiyyah's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in Arifiyyah, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles.
- : Arifiyyah voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Epidemic Investigation Act".
- : Following new legislation in Arifiyyah, thousands of picky mothers-in-law have been recruited to serve as even pickier cookery instructors.
- : Following new legislation in Arifiyyah, school uniforms are compulsory.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Bhang Bhang Duc, Cro Magnon, Ferroia, Fuentana, Mediobogdum, Giovanniland, Wellington Bingbong, Lodiberdade, Champaign, The Undivided, Fujai, Dilber, Hamburg Neo, Liberillia, Weratt, Sensorland, The North American Assembly, Dowaesk, Pandaland II, Muad-Dib, Sultanat of Turkistan, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Av Libertas Vindex, Greg Tucker, Constantinopolisia, Kiensu, The United Republic of Westend, Bodusse, Attanseia, Zoran, Ecornia, Papercuts and Skittles, Nagaraningrad, and United Adaikes.