The Free Land of Arifarnia is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.535 billion Arifarnians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Unity City. The average income tax rate is 81.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Arifarnian economy, worth 122 trillion Silver Crowns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. Average income is 80,082 Silver Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The right school tie opens more doors than the right qualification, it can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom, concussed Golden Phoenixball players cannot remember their lineup position, and smoking is banned in public areas. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arifarnia's national animal is the Golden Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arifarnia was endorsed by The Athenian Republic of Free Atlantis.
- : Arifarnia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Transbiansylvania.
- : Arifarnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Arifarnia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Arifarnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Arifarnia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : Arifarnia endorsed Marxstar.
- : Arifarnia was endorsed by Marxstar.
- : Arifarnia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Treatment of the Deceased".
- : Arifarnia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".