The Free Land of Argus Publications is a tiny, safe nation, notable for its burgeoning Thaecian population. The hard-nosed population of 12 million Argus Publicationsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 26.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Argus Publicationsian economy, worth 452 billion ducks a year, is led by the Cheese Exports industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Woodchip Exports, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 37,720 ducks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Argus Publications's national animal is the Thaecian, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Argus Publications's influence in Thaecia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Argus Publications's influence in Thaecia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Argus Publications's influence in Thaecia rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Argus Publications's influence in Thaecia rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Argus Publications was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Argus Publications lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : Argus Publications relocated from The East Pacific to Thaecia.
- : Argus Publications published "Coming Soon..." (Factbook: Overview).
- : Argus Publications altered its national flag.
- : Argus Publications was founded in The East Pacific.