|Leader||Rector Jos Soj|
The Republic of Arguistan is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Rector Jos Soj with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 3.264 billion Arguistanis hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Natsiugra. The average income tax rate is 87.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Arguistanian economy, worth 393 trillion Arguis a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 120,659 Arguis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
90% of active duty AAF personnel have been laid off and replaced by robot kill-drones, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order, and political speeches always take place at sunset to a background of patriotic power ballads. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arguistan's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arguistan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Nuevo Europa.
- : Following new legislation in Arguistan, political speeches always take place at sunset to a background of patriotic power ballads.
- : Following new legislation in Arguistan, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Arguistan, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- : Following new legislation in Arguistan, 90% of active duty AAF personnel have been laid off and replaced by robot kill-drones.
- : Following new legislation in Arguistan, with increasingly clear skies nobody seems to mind the electricity bill going through the roof.
- : Arguistan was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Stromia.
- : Following new legislation in Arguistan, the government is purchasing vast amounts of palm oil for plastics production.
- : Following new legislation in Arguistan, citizens sell their moldy bread as homemade penicillin.
- : Following new legislation in Arguistan, laborers are building walls and making Wezeltonia pay for it.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Thracia Republic, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Elisabethshagen, Northern German Federation, Irminsulia, St Scarlett, The New Nordic Union, Nardin, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, Lovisa, Republic of Satherland, Estonesia, Slavorussia, Supcotia, An Clar, Kenmoria WA Mission, Jim the Baptist, Imperium Anglorum, Walfo, North of Americas, Parliamentary Laramidia, Regnum Italiae, The Wretched of this Earth, The Mongol Plain, Lord Sapre, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Pilipinas and Malaya, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Feria-Alkaline, Alsted, Brakanistan, Prussian-Union, Invernessia, The Champions League, Someseni, Lyallpur, Sloburg, Leranditale, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Destyntine, Abject Ludicrosity, Socialist Balkans, The Kingdom of Denmark, Jahass, Bareu, Kalifer and Baska, and 24 others.Sienkahn, Chronus, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Enway, Meropis, Rivierenland, The Oriental Empire, Crestphalia, Shaor, Ashckar, Anskerdank, The New Mexican Confederation, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Trixeland, NorthPortugal, Kanokla, Apabeossie, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eco-Paris Reformation, Continental Social Democrats, Othenhiem, Stromia, and Nuevo Europa.