|Leader||Vlad the Impaler|
The Kingdom of Ardelenia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Vlad the Impaler with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The devout population of 1.156 billion Ardelenians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Brastovia. The average income tax rate is 85.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ardelean economy, worth 152 trillion Pula Rons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 132,194 Pula Rons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Funny-looking kids are stood at the front of the classroom for everybody to point and laugh at, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', books are so highly regarded in Ardelenia that libraries are often revered as holy shrines, and tabloids coo over Vlad the Impaler's expected child. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ardelenia's national animal is the Strigoi Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Muism Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ardelenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in Ardelenia, tabloids coo over Vlad the Impaler's expected child.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelenia, books are so highly regarded in Ardelenia that libraries are often revered as holy shrines.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelenia, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons'.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelenia, funny-looking kids are stood at the front of the classroom for everybody to point and laugh at.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelenia, the thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelenia, "Idol-Worship for the Apathetic" workshops are cancelled when no-one bothers to show up.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelenia, a determined opposition debates the relative benefits of Arial and Times New Roman for days on end.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelenia, there are no more heroes any more.
- : Following new legislation in Ardelenia, generals have trouble barking orders over the sound of thundering artillery.
Endorsements Received: 146 » Evertopia, Ignis Cinere, Namakan, Anisopterra, Wysrod, Valentian Elysium, Karlando, Dustwind, The Republic of Osea, Maconshinbernititte, Vivolkha, Creeptopia, Gewisse, Islands of Czechia, Keswickholt, Ilfarasia, Nea Komnenia, Lucciana, Manurajya, Sawhirius, Thyndra, Tzo, Clialaad, New Wish, Tusenadingia Norgenadingasianglen, Greenmont Federation, Palman, Old Atlantica, Carthegia, Girls Who Say Bruh, Seranis, DetroitSmash, Bradmarkers, Generic Country Name That Is Available, City of Saint Nicolas, Skamor, The unidet Of life, Point Comfort Colony, The Cheese Puff Islands, Kaltovar, Creightland, Tannakristan, Chip Skylark, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, The African Emirates, Juiulia, Zeganas, Northern Nivaria, Nanase Army, Megistos, and 96 others.New Non, ShadowVoltia, Prairiesora, Amabanana, United States of Island land, Mauryana, Medetas, Eist, Lower Phlebacite, Isentran, Liendor, QuazaFire, Eppur, Ner Epiand, Rhie, Mastodonia, Colonel Terrosit, Vill Send, Better Indonesia, The Fortem, Seantonia, Coreras, Pesna, North Southumberland, Pianaville, Danyl, Kalldunn, Violent Trees, Riance, Vragar, Aurorastar, Holma, Aquachromia, Katitania, Terra Royaume, Zopciria, Slaughter Machine, Galimania, Cowkaine, Tangora, Anollasia, Drewish, Tycorn, Kyrizstanislav, Caldorado, Kierekiko, Maalemzya, Northern African Sahara, Kachikawawa, Georce, Testa, The Snake Brotherhood, Airday, Chiseka, Asakraka, Novegia, Tharalian Union, Adrinian, Riachisland, Emulini, West Longobardia, A R V E R N A, Zachais, Pardul, Republic of Libriano, Slaytania, Ishkabibber, Marroc, Hunism, Grungerock, Onfande, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Makykay, Batona, Ultimate Wakanda, Liberdon, Samonaemia, Hohenzollern-Habsburg, The Galactic American Imperium, S Mova Derat, Marxist Germany, Son Weslana, Krystalveil, Conikslan, New Kowloon Bay, Silvedania, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Wischland, Tierra de Platanos, Capea, The Indian Royalty, Saint Islaw Wra, Yellowjacket, Alemputo, Osito Libre, and Dorab.