|Leader||The Prime Executor|
The Dominion of Arcterus is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Prime Executor with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 20.555 billion Arcterrans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, with Environment, Social Policy, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Installation Heliopolis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Arcterian economy, worth a remarkable 4,870 trillion Ration Cards a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 236,951 Ration Cards, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Vital intelligence-gathering activities are often put on hold for Call of Honor tournaments, military officers are given medals for disobeying orders, religion makes people horny, and government statisticians explain census inaccuracies by declaring that "Sith happens". Crime is totally unknown. Arcterus's national animal is the Celt, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arcterus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Arcterus endorsed The Holy Empire of HUZZAHS.
- : Arcterus was endorsed by The Holy Empire of HUZZAHS.
- : Following new legislation in Arcterus, government statisticians explain census inaccuracies by declaring that "Sith happens".
- : Following new legislation in Arcterus, religion makes people horny.
- : Arcterus's influence in Yggdrasil rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Arcterus was endorsed by The Unknown of Asian-Nation.
- : Following new legislation in Arcterus, military officers are given medals for disobeying orders.
- : Following new legislation in Arcterus, vital intelligence-gathering activities are often put on hold for Call of Honor tournaments.
- : Arcterus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Food Quality and the Top 5% for Most Patriotic.