The Slimme Ezels of Archoz is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, complete lack of prisons, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 27.987 billion Archozians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Archozanium. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Archozian economy, worth a remarkable 2,789 trillion wortels a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 99,654 wortels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Chess hooliganism is on the rise after the banning of organised sports, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Archoz's national animal is the ezel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Archoz's influence in Nederland rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Archoz's influence in Nederland rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Archoz's influence in Nederland rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Archoz altered its national flag.
- : Archoz relocated from Balder to Nederland.
- : Archoz was refounded in Balder.
- : Archoz ceased to exist in Nederland.
- : Archoz's influence in Nederland rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Archoz was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Archoz was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free.