The United Communes of Archipielago de Filipinas is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Constitution with a fair hand, and renowned for its soft-spoken computers, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.074 billion Filipinos hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nueva Capas-Occidental. The average income tax rate is 35.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Philippine economy, worth 75.5 trillion Filoncits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 70,271 Filoncits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain, prisoners can't do number twos without their "toilet buddy" present, and pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy. Crime is totally unknown. Archipielago de Filipinas's national animal is the Philippine Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Archipielago de Filipinas was endorsed by The Queendom of Merigold.
- : Archipielago de Filipinas endorsed The Democratic States of West Winterfell.
- : Archipielago de Filipinas endorsed The Holy Monarchy of Liberepublia.
- : Following new legislation in Archipielago de Filipinas, pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy.
- : Archipielago de Filipinas endorsed The Queendom of Merigold.
- : Archipielago de Filipinas endorsed The Community of Blixtland.
- : Archipielago de Filipinas endorsed The Republic of West Libertas.
- : Archipielago de Filipinas was endorsed by The Republic of West Libertas.
- : Following new legislation in Archipielago de Filipinas, prisoners can't do number twos without their "toilet buddy" present.
- : Archipielago de Filipinas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
Endorsements Received: 89 » Indonesian Peoples, Estanglia, Avok Island, Pirataria, Le Libertia, The United Peoples of Centrism, Raghallaigh, Eloscape, Aexnidaral, Greater Louisianne, Mousa Liberty, Lastovipol, Beriwen, Potchen, Akeland, Astrellan, United-Marrshmallows, Elaeria, Polgaria, Serpahima, Muertio, Purgitz, Brickfield, Carathetopia, Igueranel, New Aq Qoyunlu, Gebodwits, Benthamania, Technikium, OrcUsk, Yuposia, Teutonic Kaiserreich, Murden, Ipsonasia, Voxum Mortalum, Corbien, Swerists, Gooblaria, Paulotzia, Yugarritia, Dictator Anna 10, Anshuland, Blusterlands, Morongia, Agapetopia, The Ben Shapiro Show, Free Rosabell, Lloenflys, Utopian Earth, Russian Regions, and 39 others.Liveropolis, Renmont, P0ptr0pica, Possibly this, Orztotskha, Clialaad, Saarkon, Sinners and Lost, Thatcher Whitehall, Yuhania, The Democratic Peoples, Terra Venti, New Peoples Empire, Greatnessity City, United Fri Cour Kep, Athanon, The Xeraji Empire, Worse Ireland, Grimbleweed, Walchia, Sokolji, Douchland, Havenwelle, Hectakaipentacontagon, Gurmistan, Krattivios, Pon Lintang, Caleban, Rixous, Perunya, Autistana, Hadenbracht, Lethen, Eumenides, Poquaoi, Skvarzhava, Gabingston, West Libertas, and Merigold.