The Armed Republic of Arastovas is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 463 million Arastovasians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 68.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Arastovasian economy, worth 25.6 trillion Labour hours a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 55,297 Labour hours, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma, snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center, and unemployed accountants keep double-entry ledgers of their benefit claims. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arastovas's national animal is the Bee, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arastovas was endorsed by The Community of Lots of Cows.
- : Arastovas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Arastovas was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Greylyn.
- : Arastovas was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Juche England.
- : Arastovas was endorsed by The Community of Gronath.
- : Arastovas was endorsed by The Community of Nepacton Murt.
- : Following new legislation in Arastovas, unemployed accountants keep double-entry ledgers of their benefit claims.
- : Following new legislation in Arastovas, snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center.
- : Arastovas was endorsed by The People's Republic of The Ghol.
- : Arastovas was endorsed by The Holy Trans Socialist Union of Schillikia.
Endorsements Received: 68 » New Samon, Martilliopen, Greater Europe and Surroundings, Kaamapoori, Thurston, Death Wishers, Green Green World, Agatep, United Socialist Republics of LAN, Creatrix, Red Magnolia, True Koreas Peoples Nation of Democracy, Ghillemear, Des Ter, Kawany, Sauros, Khoridan, NeoXoleria, Soviet Catgirls, Razum Collective, Croatian SSR, Das Pardgulew, Caspersland, Yoodong, Kongoland, Henchikurin, Rorlenland, Super Awesome Fun Times, Grod Island, Argentigrad, Serbanovia, New Volica, Shermani, Slackertown, Claiomha, New Russsia, Fellwieg, Neo Enderion, Socialist Great Picardy, Mexican Communists, Fizzopolis, North Amherst, Pissing Yourself, Republic of Braz, Terra Nostrum Libertatum, Jathuie, Shanghai Commune, Depro, Anarchovistan, Digitotuo, and 18 others.Antinios, Zambordia, Mistanov, Spmglandia, Nick Roevens, Manoaf, La Barre, Nangka, Union Socialist Republic of Valra, Blandium, Vaulehone, Schillikia, The Ghol, Nepacton Murt, Gronath, Juche England, Greylyn, and Lots of Cows.