The Armed Republic of Aradira is a very large, genial nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 178 million Aradirans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 63.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Aradiran economy, worth 5.63 trillion lire a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Tourism, Automobile Manufacturing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 31,641 lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aradira's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aradira's influence in Meillur rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Aradira's influence in Meillur rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Aradira's influence in Meillur rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Aradira's influence in Meillur rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Aradira's influence in Meillur rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Aradira was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian and Most Conservative and the Top 10% for Most Ignorant Citizens and Most Extreme.
- : Aradira lodged a message on the Meillur Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Aradira, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- : Aradira relocated from The South Pacific to Meillur.
- : Aradira altered its national flag.