The Socialist Federal Republic of Aqual is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Don Quijote with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, national health service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.573 billion Aqualias are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Toboso. The average income tax rate is 88.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Aqualian economy, worth 213 trillion Quels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 46,731 Quels, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Write-in candidate 'Don Quijote Sucks' is perennially popular, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, re-education centers are being added to most prisons, and the nation's school children are fluent in Klingon but lack basic mathematical skills. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aqual's national animal is the Frog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aqual was endorsed by The Robotic Bending States of Wayneactia.
- : Aqual was endorsed by The Power-Abusing Guardian of Federation of the Resentine Kingdom.
- : Aqual was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Aqual, the nation's school children are fluent in Klingon but lack basic mathematical skills.
- : Following new legislation in Aqual, re-education centers are being added to most prisons.
- : Following new legislation in Aqual, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Aqual, write-in candidate 'Don Quijote Sucks' is perennially popular.
- : Following new legislation in Aqual, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- : Following new legislation in Aqual, prisoners have been known to host cooking and home décor television shows.
- : Aqual lodged a message on the Osiris Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Big Boyz, Tethys 13, Yeagania, Votri, New Justusia, Empotia, Sounkaopia, Secare, Vegan Reich, Luna State, Neo Hungarica, Unsere Grosse Kaiserin, Addlelearn, Ciamaer, Malphe II, DeerField Cove, Populous Magnus, Federation of the Resentine Kingdom, and Wayneactia.