The Socialist Federal Republic of Aqual is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Don Quijote with a fair hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, ban on automobiles, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.609 billion Aqualias are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Toboso. The average income tax rate is 92.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Aqualian economy, worth 412 trillion Quels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 62,415 Quels, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
High school bands practice by moonlight, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass", cheese lovers have a case of the bleus, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime is totally unknown. Aqual's national animal is the Frog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aqual was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Aqual, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Aqual, cheese lovers have a case of the bleus.
- : Following new legislation in Aqual, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass".
- : Aqual endorsed The Republic of Osterai.
- : Aqual was endorsed by The Republic of Osterai.
- : Following new legislation in Aqual, high school bands practice by moonlight.
- : Following new legislation in Aqual, it's been a banner year for local vexillology.
- : Aqual was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Aqual, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Tethys 13, Broceliande, Dragonian Alliance, Malphe II, Federation of the Resentine Kingdom, Dhaeland, Northern Irish Freedom, Ocsken, North Aurelia, Anx Minor, Spinazieland, Western Standle Dorse, Tiplomecja, Freistaat Eisenstadt, Istuania, JPSP, The Floriant, The Coarsal Pirates, Lukatonia, Northern Socialist States, Minecraftiana, Borkmaster, ZT333, Moriya Koy, Secundum Imperium Romanum, AnnaShiLand, Populous Magnus, Dornish Federation, Great Ruthenia, Tabania, Ozenev, DeerField Cove, Hyzan, Arkadia Universalis, Holleervag Islacotil, Willow-Creek, and Osterai.