The Orchard of Applepone is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Apple Bloom with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, compulsory vegetarianism, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.163 billion Applepones hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bloomington. The average income tax rate is 99.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Appleponean economy, worth a remarkable 1,182 trillion bits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 144,825 bits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities, old spellbooks are only useful as door-stops or toilet roll substitute, and foreign livestock are offered asylum. Crime is totally unknown. Applepone's national animal is the pony, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is apples.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Applepone's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Applepone's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Applepone's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Applepone was refounded in Osiris.
- : Applepone ceased to exist in Pony Lands.
- : Applepone's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Applepone was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Applepone's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Applepone's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Applepone's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".