|Leader||King Friend Benjamin Turkey-Quail|
The Friendly Baptist Village of Appendia is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by King Friend Benjamin Turkey-Quail with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, ban on automobiles, and exploding hoverboards. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 820 million Human Friends enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, with Spirituality, Environment, and Administration also on the agenda, while Defense and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Llanfairpwllgwyngyll. The average income tax rate is 66.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Human Friend economy, worth 47.8 trillion Friendships a year, is highly specialized and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Basket Weaving, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 58,281 Friendships, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, King Friend Benjamin Turkey-Quail has been known to make speeches in fishing waders, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly, and the nation's healthcare system has taken a "survival of the fittest" approach in administering care. Crime is totally unknown. Appendia's national animal is the Turkey-Quail, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, the nation's healthcare system has taken a "survival of the fittest" approach in administering care.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, King Friend Benjamin Turkey-Quail has been known to make speeches in fishing waders.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, patriotic citizens chant "there's only one Appendia" at foreigners.
- : Appendia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Appendia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Appendia was endorsed by The Colony of South Bees.
- : Appendia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, thousands of children die every day from easily curable illnesses.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Turbeaux, Krisylia, Candlewhisper Archive, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Lura, Porth Dunwich, Ashrah, Ruinenlust, Ransium, Rippardine, Frieden-und Freudenland, Verdant Haven, Cat-Herders United, The Void Territories, Kinectia, Window Land, Canaltia, Taco Respublic, The Black Forrest, Blon Gre, Vanenia, Kawastyselir, Tur Ada, Eryndlynd, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Novian Republics, Feladria, Eaven, Artemis, Crowacia, Forgotten Beauty, The Righteous Order of Youth, Entitize, Edible Plywood, Ordand, Ziotah and Riverside, Bregaria, Caterasia, Hyon Delta, Murmuria, Ironic Remarks, Chilledsville, Fahx, Burkhai, Effazio, Greyveldt, Haaparanta, Groenwald, Anachronolandia, Atsvea, and 5 others.McClandia Doge 2, Paplia, Heidgaudr, Rivienland, and South Bees.