|Capital||The Benjamin Patrick's Office|
|Leader||The Benjamin Patrick|
The Benjamin Patrick Fan-Club of Appendia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by The Benjamin Patrick with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, prohibition of alcohol, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 2.93 billion Patricians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Administration, and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Defense and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Benjamin Patrick's Office. The average income tax rate is 65.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Patrician economy, worth 194 trillion Patricoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, highly specialized black market in Retail, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 66,257 Patricoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities, one of the nation's leading exports is empty platitudes, and polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Appendia's national animal is the Patrickangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Appendia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums.
- : Appendia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Interregional Recruitment".
- : Appendia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Volcanic Activity Convention".
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, one of the nation's leading exports is empty platitudes.
- : Appendia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Recognition of the General Assembly".
- : Appendia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World Assembly Border Policy".
- : Appendia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Atsvea.
- : Appendia lost the endorsement of The Kingdom of Atsvea.
- : Following new legislation in Appendia, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Turbeaux, Candlewhisper Archive, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Lura, Ashrah, Ruinenlust, Ransium, Frieden-und Freudenland, Verdant Haven, Cat-Herders United, The Void Territories, Window Land, Canaltia, Taco Respublic, The Black Forrest, Kawastyselir, Eryndlynd, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Novian Republics, Feladria, Artemis, Crowacia, Forgotten Beauty, Entitize, Ordand, Ziotah and Riverside, Bregaria, Caterasia, Hyon Delta, Ironic Remarks, Chilledsville, Effazio, Anachronolandia, Jutsa, Pen Blanityion, The Most Serene Republicans, Kannap, Blue Nagia, Garbelia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Daarwyrth, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Simbolon, New Ladavia, East Skirsburg, Dasche, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Bunkaiia, Roless, and 7 others.Uniania Geeth, New Kvenland, Difinbelk 2, Kyratistani, Middle Barael, The Wisteria Islands, and Atsvea.