|Currency||obscure ancient device|
The Lanteans of Apaelas is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Captain Geretier with an even hand, and notable for its avant-garde cinema, parental licensing program, and strictly enforced bedtime. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 9.606 billion Lanteans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caelestia. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The Lantean economy, worth 741 trillion obscure ancient devices a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Basket Weaving. Average income is 77,193 obscure ancient devices, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, the nation is known as the cheapskates of Balder, cars have been banned, and noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Apaelas's national animal is the unascended being, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Ascension.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Apaelas's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Apaelas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Apaelas, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Following new legislation in Apaelas, cars have been banned.
- : Apaelas's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Apaelas's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Apaelas was refounded in Balder.
- : Apaelas ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Apaelas's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Apaelas's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".