The Lanteans of Apaelas is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Captain Geretier with an even hand, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, compulsory vegetarianism, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 9.551 billion Lanteans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caelestia. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The Lantean economy, worth 737 trillion obscure ancient devices a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Basket Weaving. Average income is 77,252 obscure ancient devices, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Apaelas has taken the radical step of electing its future leaders, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and the nation is known as the cheapskates of Osiris. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Apaelas's national animal is the unascended being, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Ascension.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Apaelas's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Apaelas's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Apaelas altered its national flag.
- : Apaelas's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Apaelas was refounded in Osiris.
- : Apaelas ceased to exist.
- : Apaelas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Apaelas's influence in Realm of Unrestricted Science rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in Apaelas, the nation is known as the cheapskates of Osiris.
- : Following new legislation in Apaelas, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.