The Democratic Republic of Aouri is a small, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 23 million Aourians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.3%.
The strong Aourian economy, worth 1.40 trillion kroner a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 60,770 kroner, with the richest citizens earning 8.3 times as much as the poorest.
Drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government, the rich are forced to sell their houses to pay for more police to prevent their houses from being burgled, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, and surfing lessons include how to ward off sharks. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. Aouri's national animal is the blackbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aouri was endorsed by The Space Pirate Empire of New Briantown.
- : Aouri was endorsed by The Shadowy Empire of Farengeto.
- : Aouri was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Republic of the Teutons.
- : Aouri was endorsed by The Commonwealth of United States of Vietnam.
- : Aouri was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Aouri's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Aouri was endorsed by The Queendom of 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121.
- : Aouri's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Aouri was endorsed by The Federation of Islas Tualua.
- : Following new legislation in Aouri, surfing lessons include how to ward off sharks.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Zess, Saciu, Concrete Slab, Nudnoji, Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Drystar, Erinor, Tsunamy, Beepee, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Volaworand, Bawkie, Luddinlande, Aidenfieeld, Paranoia, Hanguk-Nippon, Islas Tualua, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Sedunn, United States of Vietnam, Republic of the Teutons, Farengeto, and New Briantown.