The Democratic Republic of Aouri is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 182 million Aourians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Law & Order, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid and Welfare are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.3%.
The strong Aourian economy, worth 11.0 trillion kroner a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 60,701 kroner, with the richest citizens earning 8.3 times as much as the poorest.
Drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government, the rich are forced to sell their houses to pay for more police to prevent their houses from being burgled, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, and surfing lessons include how to ward off sharks. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Aouri's national animal is the blackbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aouri's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Aouri's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Aouri's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Aouri was refounded in Osiris.
- : Aouri ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Aouri was endorsed by The Delegate Assassin of Jaxon.
- : Aouri was endorsed by The Republic of Elveka.
- : Aouri was endorsed by The Republic of Zenopolist.
- : Aouri was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Democratic Drals Tum.
- : Aouri was endorsed by The Sound Waves of UnShleepd.