The Empire of Ansoku is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Lotus with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.644 billion Ansoks are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tenno City. The average income tax rate is 70.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Ansokuan economy, worth 327 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 199,502 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Calling Lotus a tyrant is seen as the ultimate compliment, Lotus's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high, and Ansokuan husbands are dead good at fathering kids. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ansoku's national animal is the Kavat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Wizardology.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ansoku voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Maxtopia Day".
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, Ansokuan husbands are dead good at fathering kids.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, Lotus's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, calling Lotus a tyrant is seen as the ultimate compliment.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, visions of giant pink Kavats are a common side effect after Ansoks eat their meals.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, citizens compete to guess the time between the royal lady's contractions.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, sleeping on the job is recommended.
- : Ansoku lodged a message on the Lands End Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Bonnie Blue Republic, Ruwan Islands, Antarctican Immagrants, Nadal Mobianordia, TESDAI, Chocolatistan, Jizue Isles, Deims Kir, Authoritism, Lippeland, Artevenia, Canasius, Thaltopia, Pyatingrad, Rixurian Conglomerate, South-Central Rhodesia, Neo URSS, Schabinur, FrendLEEistan, Peacockastan, Stutzist, Kathricore, Greater Drenthe, Hansa Federation, Nordhpadhan, Arstotskiano, Tarradal, The Co-Prosperity-Sphere, Mabufudyne, Biggonian Megaist Empire, Singhapala Bisaya, Earthern Alliance, Ofrus, New Tussia, Pantsville, Sacara, The Federation of Spokane, J Class, Ichirokuhachi, Allor II, Hollip, Rosmoss, Nova Trento, Dolplandia, Tillaania, SinLandia666, Dwebsatiania, New Slovakastan, Micalandia, Normianm Empire, and 11 others.Kingdom of New Italy, VoidborneEmpire, Senar, The Tribia, Islan Reican, Nighter, LaSenpo, Libereausia, Siluvia, Byth Aldoms, and United Peoples of Flowers.