The Kingdom of Anskerdank is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 510 million Anskerdankians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nickolaigrad. The average income tax rate is 32.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Anskerdankian economy, worth 44.5 trillion Worker's Rubles a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 87,228 Worker's Rubles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
A historic rise in the minimum wage has crushed the economy with inflation, bicyclists are banned from major roads, behind every great person are three dozen other people passing great memos, and chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Anskerdank's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anskerdank's influence in Destinyland fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Anskerdank was banned from Raxulan Empire by The Raxulan Empire of Rost Dreadnorramus.
- : Anskerdank's influence in Destinyland rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Anskerdank was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Anskerdank voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Disease Naming Compact".
- : Following new legislation in Anskerdank, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom.
- : Following new legislation in Anskerdank, behind every great person are three dozen other people passing great memos.
- : Following new legislation in Anskerdank, bicyclists are banned from major roads.
- : Following new legislation in Anskerdank, a historic rise in the minimum wage has crushed the economy with inflation.
- : Following new legislation in Anskerdank, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Kembleford National Union.