The Grand Duchy of Ansarre is a small, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its burgeoning Wolf population. The hard-working, democratic population of 26 million Ansarreans are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The relatively small, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.7%.
The very strong Ansarrean economy, worth 1.77 trillion Marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 68,183 Marks, with the richest citizens earning 9.4 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ansarre's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ansarre's influence in The Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Ansarre published "The Neoconservative Reading List" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Ansarre published "Democratic Party of Ansarre" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Ansarre's influence in The Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ansarre published "List of State Consuls" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Ansarre published "European Voting Guide (will expand globally soon)" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Ansarre published "OOC Overview of Ansarre" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Ansarre published "List of Historic Election results" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Ansarre was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and Most Primitive.
- : Ansarre published "List of Political Parties in Ansarre" (Factbook: Politics).