The Championing State of AnkoKurama is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Viscount Hawke with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, smutty television, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 19.381 billion AnkoKuramen are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kirkwall. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient AnkoKuraman economy, worth a remarkable 1,826 trillion Monētas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 94,256 Monētas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, the internet has been placed under government control, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation, and crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. AnkoKurama's national animal is the High Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Andrastian.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in AnkoKurama, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- : AnkoKurama endorsed The Dominion of Paughtland.
- : Following new legislation in AnkoKurama, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in AnkoKurama, the internet has been placed under government control.
- : Following new legislation in AnkoKurama, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in AnkoKurama, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- : AnkoKurama was endorsed by The Dominion of Paughtland.
- : AnkoKurama voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Species Extinction".
- : Following new legislation in AnkoKurama, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed.
- : AnkoKurama was endorsed by The Galactic Empire of Lazy valley.