The Dictatorship of Anjung Batu is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 3.823 billion Anjungans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.1%.
The thriving Anjung Batuan economy, worth 264 trillion Batuans a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is 69,117 Batuans, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 315,843 per year while the poor average 9,215, a ratio of 34.3 to 1.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Anjung Batu's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anjung Batu agreed to construct embassies between Zecrarth and True Waskaria.
- : Anjung Batu's influence in Zecrarth fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Anjung Batu agreed to construct embassies between Zecrarth and The shadow realms.
- : Anjung Batu agreed to construct embassies between Zecrarth and The IMPERIUM.
- : Anjung Batu agreed to construct embassies between Zecrarth and Kommuland.
- : Anjung Batu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Anjung Batu updated the World Factbook entry in Zecrarth.
- : Anjung Batu was struck by a Mk III (Purifier) Cure Missile from The Empire of Thiothard, curing 1 million infected.
- : The United States of Fallenstorm was struck by a Mk III (Purifier) Cure Missile from Anjung Batu, curing 1 million infected.
- : Anjung Batu instituted Lockdown Zombie Border Control in Zecrarth.