The Kingdom of Angus is a very large, socially progressive nation, notable for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 122 million Angusians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Healthcare, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.4%.
The strong Angusian economy, worth 6.31 trillion Breads a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Soda Sales. Average income is 51,760 Breads, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 441,517 per year while the poor average 1,066, a ratio of 413 to 1.
Art criticism in Angus is scathingly destructive, libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments, bicyclists are banned from major roads, and the nation refuses to provide international aid. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Angus's national animal is the Cow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Angus, the nation refuses to provide international aid.
- : Following new legislation in Angus, bicyclists are banned from major roads.
- : Following new legislation in Angus, libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments.
- : Following new legislation in Angus, art criticism in Angus is scathingly destructive.
- : Following new legislation in Angus, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Angus's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Angus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Following new legislation in Angus, matryoshka dolls resembling nested Death Stars are commonly sold.
- : Following new legislation in Angus, bombs are permitted on planes for the 'security of the passengers'.
- : Following new legislation in Angus, illegal moonshine operations get taken out with laser-guided airstrikes.