The Federal Republic of Anglinia is a very large, efficient nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 118 million Anglinians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 12.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Anglinian economy, worth 10.7 trillion Franc Sterlings a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 90,448 Franc Sterlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Animal Liberationists are regularly arrested, prank shows are so hot right now, old warplanes and tanks that break down can't be repaired since no one makes the parts anymore, and diners regard burgers made from mechanically reclaimed cow protein as "proper meat". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Anglinia's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anglinia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Access to Scientific Knowledge"".
- : Following new legislation in Anglinia, diners regard burgers made from mechanically reclaimed cow protein as "proper meat".
- : Following new legislation in Anglinia, old warplanes and tanks that break down can't be repaired since no one makes the parts anymore.
- : Following new legislation in Anglinia, prank shows are so hot right now.
- : Following new legislation in Anglinia, Animal Liberationists are regularly arrested.
- : Anglinia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Anglinia, being Leader has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Anglinia was endorsed by The Federation of The New Caledonia.
- : Following new legislation in Anglinia, aging citizens are celebrating the end of the 'Early Bird War'.
- : Anglinia endorsed The United Socialist States of Burvenchkaht.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Eco-Paris Reformation, New Eestiball, Rary, Berlin and Hanover, North of Americas, Eppur, Why are we hear, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Invernessia, Meropis, Jim the Baptist, Elisabethshagen, Saint Domingo, Dabarastan, Yahlia, Northern German Federation, St Scarlett, Thracia Republic, Ausvelt, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Kanokla, Corsoaua, Walfo, Soveiniesberg, Dervenland, Zulrich, GanymedEuropa, The Champions League, Thracia and Crimea, Irminsulia, Vulxo, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Heplon, Apabeossie, Zelenskraine, Christian Terra, Gotho, Nardin, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, Burvenchkaht, and The New Caledonia.