The Konungdˇmr of Anglii is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Einvaldi Ragnarr with an even hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, compulsory military service, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, devout population of 2.068 billion Anglicans are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lundenwic. The average income tax rate is 73.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Anglican economy, worth 130 trillion Skillingrs a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Uranium Mining, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 62,967 Skillingrs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Older citizens lament over the loss of law and order, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, Anglican women are all tied up in tubal litigation, and the song 'They Got an Awful Lot of Coffee in Anglii' is a smash hit. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Anglii's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Norse Heathenry.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anglii was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare and Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Anglii changed its national animal to "Raven".
- : Following new legislation in Anglii, the song 'They Got an Awful Lot of Coffee in Anglii' is a smash hit.
- : Following new legislation in Anglii, Anglican women are all tied up in tubal litigation.
- : Anglii altered its national flag.
- : Anglii voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Anglii was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Best Weather.
- : Anglii was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Anglii voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Following new legislation in Anglii, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
Endorsements Received: None.