The Completely Failed State of Angbhand is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Endymion with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 16.007 billion Angbhandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Industry, Education, and Administration also on the agenda, while Welfare and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sylvania. The average income tax rate is 4.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Angbhandian economy, worth a remarkable 8,465 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is a breathtaking 528,879 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
A nickname of "Doctor Death" probably indicates a decorated war hero, forty-year-old men are asked for their ID before watching the latest pony cartoon movies, if foreigners can hit a spittoon from five paces they get a free holiday to Angbhand, and twins move across the country to avoid being accused of the other's crimes. Crime is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Angbhand's national animal is the worg, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Angbhand, twins move across the country to avoid being accused of the other's crimes.
- : Following new legislation in Angbhand, if foreigners can hit a spittoon from five paces they get a free holiday to Angbhand.
- : Following new legislation in Angbhand, forty-year-old men are asked for their ID before watching the latest pony cartoon movies.
- : Following new legislation in Angbhand, a nickname of "Doctor Death" probably indicates a decorated war hero.
- : Angbhand voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblowing Convention".
- : Following new legislation in Angbhand, oxygen is commonly known as 'breathinium'.
- : Following new legislation in Angbhand, parents who reward their teens' chores with concert tickets are charged with illegal reselling.
- : Following new legislation in Angbhand, the government baselessly accuses foreign dignitaries of being assassins.
- : Following new legislation in Angbhand, it's entirely possible foreign diplomats misheard when Angbhand offered the words "peace be upon you".
- : Following new legislation in Angbhand, tourists call Angbhandian beach towns "the fine coastline".
Endorsements Received: 73 » New Anarchisticstan, Farrakhan, Chocolatistan, Saavir Yuvon, Fauzjhia, Arinteriswith, Nadarena, Falangist Quebec, Wabbitslayah, Perfect Sublime Masters, Frattastan II, TescoPepsi, Lux Prima, Andromeda Islands, Attestaltarragaby, Golexald, TorNaGul, Orcuo, Arctic Lands, Andavarast, Ignormus, Foraldn, Stratonesia, Encurage, Isle of Melitae SPQR, Federated Ugasque Countries, Moloto Japan, Swordbreak, NOrTh pAcIfiC spY, ImperialRussia, Bans Chum, Himadras, Nation6, East Owenistan, Chokin on Deez, Southern German, Ruthria-Denuria, Ipotehm, Nation of Urie, Super Mega Awesome, Rubian Empire, Sestabolgia, The Horror Channel, Panormia, Rathesia, Europeasia, Nyogatene, The Southern Reclamation Movement, Stralfcyde, Three Galaxies, and 23 others.Woolies, Alcrestia Liakar, Regione Calabria, Woodstockian National Junta, Cecilly, Bagel Sound, Stal Valley, WA Dimetrodon, Damirgunian, Rune Midgar, Maazalik, The DUSS, Social Rights, Reinolia, Allwarts, Precisely Nothing, Salivatan, Baybay, Vas Normandy, 0819, ShyVini, Elaribel, and The United Bengali States.