The Empire of Angbad is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Morgoth with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 1.983 billion Angbadians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thangorodrim. The average income tax rate is 69.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Angbadian economy, worth 341 trillion pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 172,423 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Depression sinks in after each election when voters realize they are stuck with these people for years, children often explain to their parents that the Mega Ultimate Sword Fist was worth the thousand-pound charge on their phone bill, stoned tourists don't tend to remember much about their holidays here, and preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Angbad's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance.
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, stoned tourists don't tend to remember much about their holidays here.
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, children often explain to their parents that the Mega Ultimate Sword Fist was worth the thousand-pound charge on their phone bill.
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, depression sinks in after each election when voters realize they are stuck with these people for years.
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, interest rates mysteriously drop whenever the CBA Governor goes house hunting.
- : Angbad was endorsed by The Republic of Spartoptia.
- : Angbad was endorsed by The Principality of Mercandia.
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, whipping posts and lashes have been transferred to the Historical Museum of Angbadian Embarrassments.
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections.
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, the right school tie opens more doors than the right qualification.
Endorsements Received: 184 » Wodan, Siwale, Tharissus, Universal State Formula, Notyoutopia, Yaorozu, Pallaith, Shin-Hachioji, PlanetPunk, Great Bights Mum, Sunto, Bayern-Straubing, Kwaj, Corfad, Mzeusia, Buckerino, Gladio II, Diodone, Holy Oranz, Territorio di Nessuno, Agrauron, Wineclaw, Ainsworth, NatsukiLand, General COE, Radicaster, Victoriaans Nederlands, Malvad, Ozstan, McMasterdonia, Selfgradatude, Osburmergortionadocaopia, Xentherida, Shadowrik, Sil Dorsett, SillyString, Cloydicia, Ice and Tinian, New Echelon, Eglise Sainte Eve, American MapleStory, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, Westfacto, Guslantis, Puczovska, Moubarakistan, Frances Francis the First of France, Destroedor, Ceretis, Imbizi, and 134 others.Atain, Panama Coalition, New Seaview Cove, Phoronu, Ka Ching, Albacria, Unimaginable Doom, Q w e r t y, The Windmilluminati, Snoodum, Shibutani, The Gamer Party, Yukti, Californian Redwood, Lower Nubia, New Trisone, THX1138, Imperial Higerker Rus, Wisconsota, Northern Glory, Former English Colony, Koda-Land, Kylesburgh, Bearical, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Amerian States, Highton Islands, Pauxia, Avemterra, Sea Ghost, Apetopia, Tredano, IRELAND ROI, Mazeoftime, Maott, Gameindustrial Empire, Zeternia, Racoda, Quranite, Eravonia, Veskaleine, Tyroshh, Whereisthatistan, Walist, The Mace Kingdom, Suicidistan, Sanjurika, Sacrento, Empy, Ethnon, Jest Xerces, Hyperbanus, Sundred, Kulgatha, United Draconia, Pizza Squared, Plumas, SORT, Misuvelia, Dovena, Sahriastan, CedieRKing, The United States of Romania, RaRaRasputinn, Alsace and Lorraine United, Vsyerossiya, East Darlown Zamatraporia, Rochester Black, Aenglaland, I am the one who knocks, El Fiji Grande, Arstungry, GreatMinds, Republic of Dixie, Yarecir, East Wushen, Daukas, Copria, Abject Ludicrosity, Dar es Saalam, Boukouras, Abrickhouse, Solcialist States, Bridger-Teton, The Discipled, Democritus, New Chilokver, Celreostia, Wilkshire, Daiz, Joaquin El Chapo Guzman, Maj Tonia Godgueeber, Levertonia, Visburgh, United North American, Malphe, Tawya, Kobagia, Curtis Cosla, Greater Pittsburgh, The Iron Lions, West Coastal States, Rosewood-, Xorroth, Gorlan Ruins, Gawdzendia, Imperial Essex, The Rhein States, The Pantheons, Freienland, Viridiann, The Austro Germanic Union, The Most Freedom Ever, Les Lumieres, New Bremerton, Islavity Pod, Colotex, Castle Federation, Jontopiary, Lionia, Qiland, Shiandor, Valhalla123, Novae, Kranostav, Nationeer, Roast Pork, Funkadelia, Leviatoes, New Pruessen, Malta Comino Gozo, The Serdey Islands, Mercandia, and Spartoptia.