The Empire of Angbad is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Morgoth with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.646 billion Angbadians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thangorodrim. The average income tax rate is 62.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Angbadian economy, worth 268 trillion pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 163,401 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
Public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women, the Department of Reduction of Bureaucratic Red Tape has set up a working committee to investigate its own excessive paperwork, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college, and soldiers' positions are given away by the glint of their bayonets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Angbad's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Angbad was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Levertonia.
- : Angbad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, soldiers' positions are given away by the glint of their bayonets.
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college.
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, the Department of Reduction of Bureaucratic Red Tape has set up a working committee to investigate its own excessive paperwork.
- : Angbad was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women.
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, gardeners must genetically test weeds for unique traits before digging them up.
- : Following new legislation in Angbad, student exchange programs are in trouble as everyone wants to leave but no-one wants to come.
Endorsements Received: 174 » Wodan, Siwale, Tharissus, Universal State Formula, Notyoutopia, Xinchao, Yaorozu, Pallaith, Shin-Hachioji, PlanetPunk, Great Bights Mum, Sunto, Bayern-Straubing, Kwaj, Corfad, Mzeusia, Buckerino, Gladio II, Diodone, Holy Oranz, Territorio di Nessuno, Agrauron, Wineclaw, Ainsworth, NatsukiLand, General COE, ABC, Radicaster, Merconitonitopia, Victoriaans Nederlands, Malvad, Ozstan, McMasterdonia, Dodione, Selfgradatude, Osburmergortionadocaopia, Xentherida, Shadowrik, Sil Dorsett, SillyString, Cloydicia, Prevaland, Ice and Tinian, Xagill, New Echelon, Eglise Sainte Eve, American MapleStory, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, Alarys, Westfacto, and 124 others.Guslantis, Puczovska, Malta Comino Gozo, Moubarakistan, Frances Francis the First of France, Destroedor, The Mazur Empire, Ceretis, Triekru, Ladesha, Imbizi, Atain, Panama Coalition, New Seaview Cove, Omicron Persei V111, Phoronu, Ka Ching, Mordant99, Albacria, Unimaginable Doom, Q w e r t y, The Windmilluminati, Snoodum, Shibutani, The Gamer Party, Yukti, Californian Redwood, Lower Nubia, New Trisone, Constantinolia, THX1138, Semailand, Imperial Higerker Rus, Wisconsota, Western Alexandria, Northern Glory, Former English Colony, Koda-Land, Kylesburgh, Bearical, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Amerian States, New Cataria, Highton Islands, Pauxia, Avemterra, Sea Ghost, Apetopia, Tredano, IRELAND ROI, Mazeoftime, Anarchy for people, Maott, Gameindustrial Empire, Sireco, Batdaviea, Zeternia, Racoda, Quranite, Eravonia, Veskaleine, Tyroshh, Whereisthatistan, Walist, The Mace Kingdom, Suicidistan, Sanjurika, Sacrento, Empy, Dooh Mayne, Ethnon, Jest Xerces, Hyperbanus, Sundred, Kulgatha, Liberentis, United Draconia, Pizza Squared, Plumas, SORT, Misuvelia, Dovena, Goyanes, Sahriastan, CedieRKing, The United States of Romania, RaRaRasputinn, Alsace and Lorraine United, Waterma, Gooboistkoyt, Vsyerossiya, East Darlown Zamatraporia, Rochester Black, PR Van Diemens Land, Aenglaland, Capital Owners, I am the one who knocks, El Fiji Grande, Arstungry, Bharathvarsh, Shaun, GreatMinds, Republic of Dixie, Great Bird Society, Yarecir, East Wushen, Repsia, Daukas, Copria, Abject Ludicrosity, Dar es Saalam, Boukouras, Abrickhouse, Solcialist States, Bridger-Teton, The Discipled, Democritus, New Chilokver, Celreostia, Wilkshire, Daiz, Joaquin El Chapo Guzman, Maj Tonia Godgueeber, and Levertonia.