The Empire of Andy the Benevolent is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 26.623 billion Andy the Benevolentians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Law & Order, with Defense and Public Transport also on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 92.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Andy the Benevolentian economy, worth a remarkable 7,003 trillion hamster pelts a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 263,064 hamster pelts, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 869,088 per year while the poor average 59,549, a ratio of 14.6 to 1.
The commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled Andy the Benevolent with a very polite populace, every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries, euthanasia is illegal, and mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Andy the Benevolent's national animal is the hamster, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Andy the Benevolent was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Andy the Benevolent's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Andy the Benevolent's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Andy the Benevolent's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Andy the Benevolent was refounded in Osiris.
- : Andy the Benevolent ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Andy the Benevolent was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Andy the Benevolent was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Andy the Benevolent was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and the Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Andy the Benevolent was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.