|Leader||King Fredric IV|
The Empire of Anclus is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by King Fredric IV with an iron fist, and remarkable for its smutty television, rampant corporate plagiarism, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 816 million Anclusians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vienna. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36.4%.
The powerhouse Anclusian economy, worth 85.6 trillion Imperial Marks a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 104,852 Imperial Marks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 304,103 per year while the poor average 28,633, a ratio of 10.6 to 1.
Pictures of government employees with expensive Pearbooks 'working' on exotic beaches dominate local tabloids, the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association, child adoption by homosexual couples has been outlawed, and political speeches that drill deep into bureaucratic fine detail could be said to be a little boring. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Anclus's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anclus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Following new legislation in Anclus, political speeches that drill deep into bureaucratic fine detail could be said to be a little boring.
- : Anclus endorsed The Federal Republic of Gotho.
- : Following new legislation in Anclus, child adoption by homosexual couples has been outlawed.
- : Anclus was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Gotho.
- : Following new legislation in Anclus, the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association.
- : Anclus endorsed The Republic of Zelenskraine.
- : Anclus was endorsed by The Republic of Zelenskraine.
- : Following new legislation in Anclus, pictures of government employees with expensive Pearbooks 'working' on exotic beaches dominate local tabloids.
- : Anclus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Highest Wealthy Incomes and Most Corrupt Governments.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Elisabethshagen, Invernessia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Walfo, Thracia Republic, Ausvelt, Eco-Paris Reformation, Saint Domingo, Berlin and Hanover, Yahlia, An Clar, North of Americas, Othenhiem, Meropis, Eppur, Irminsulia, Northern German Federation, Belvanski, The Champions League, Kanokla, St Scarlett, Jim the Baptist, Sicheslav, GanymedEuropa, Why are we hear, The New Nordic Union, Nardin, Gliesetonia, Rary, Thracia and Crimea, Imperium Anglorum, Regnum Italiae, Dark Matter, Agausia, New Eestiball, Vulxo, Apabeossie, Panversia, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, Dervenland, Someseni, Dabarastan, Heplon, Felhaven, Gorzi, Noristoniaka, Yazakhvanian Empire, Chioganah, The Reunited Yugoslavs, The Asten Islands, and 6 others.Destyntine, Corsoaua, Zulrich, Russkaya Svoboda, Zelenskraine, and Gotho.