The United Socialist States of Ancappa is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 533 million Ancappans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, pro-business, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.1%.
The strong Ancappan economy, worth 28.4 trillion Ancaps a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 53,343 Ancaps, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 328,606 per year while the poor average 3,768, a ratio of 87.2 to 1.
TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, organ donation is compulsory, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and wrongful arrests abound as 'criminals' blame the guy next to them. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ancappa's national animal is the NA, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ancappa's influence in First World Order fell from "Shoeshiner" to "Sprat".
- : Ancappa's influence in First World Order rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Ancappa's influence in First World Order rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Ancappa's influence in First World Order rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Ancappa's influence in First World Order rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Ancappa lodged a message on the First World Order Regional Message Board.
- : Ancappa relocated from Balder to First World Order.
- : Ancappa was refounded in Balder.
- : Ancappa ceased to exist in Old Zealand.
- : Ancappa's influence in Old Zealand rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".