The Continent Of of Anarchy Canadia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by K'thulu with an even hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, frequent executions, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 1.389 billion Anarchy Canadians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Spirituality, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canadian Wastelands. The average income tax rate is 40.4%.
The very strong Anarchy Canadian economy, worth 96.1 trillion Canadollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Woodchip Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 69,218 Canadollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Swings are now more popular than see-saws in children's playgrounds, it's always rabbit season, museums have more touchscreens on display than artifacts, and Court TV ratings have skyrocketed now that executions are filmed on location. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Anarchy Canadia's national animal is the The Mammal, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Scientology.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anarchy Canadia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "defending the rights of sexual and gender minorities".
- : Anarchy Canadia lodged a message on the Place of SUPREME GREATNESS FOR ALL ever Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Anarchy Canadia, Court TV ratings have skyrocketed now that executions are filmed on location.
- : Following new legislation in Anarchy Canadia, museums have more touchscreens on display than artifacts.
- : Following new legislation in Anarchy Canadia, it's always rabbit season.
- : Following new legislation in Anarchy Canadia, swings are now more popular than see-saws in children's playgrounds.
- : Anarchy Canadia changed its national animal to "The Mammal", its faith to "Scientology", its leader to "K'thulu", its motto to "Very nice man, eh?", and its nation type to "Continent Of".
- : Anarchy Canadia altered its national flag.
- : Anarchy Canadia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to self-defense".
- : Anarchy Canadia was admitted to the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: None.