|Leader||Emperor Ferdinand I|
The Austrian Empire of Amsterwald is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Ferdinand I with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, prohibition of alcohol, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 10.817 billion Austrians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vienna. The average income tax rate is 71.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Austrian economy, worth a remarkable 2,730 trillion guldens a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 252,393 guldens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
There has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, people's charity begins and ends at home, and political loyalty is enforced by way of chemical addiction. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Amsterwald's national animal is the double-headed eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Amsterwald's influence in The Graveyard rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Amsterwald was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Amsterwald was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Amsterwald's influence in The Graveyard rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Amsterwald was banned from Testing nation 4418 by The Theocracy of Testing nation 4418.
- : Amsterwald's influence in The Graveyard rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Amsterwald was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies, the Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates and Most Advanced Public Transport, and the Top 10% for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Amsterwald's influence in The Graveyard rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Amsterwald's influence in The Graveyard rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Amsterwald relocated from Commonwealth of Liberty to The Graveyard.