The Republic of Ampres is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Martin Labelleville with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.221 billion Ampresians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mont. The average income tax rate is 80.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ampresian economy, worth 782 trillion Amprois a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 149,796 Amprois, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The world still seems flat to some people in space, Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case, planespotters are emigrating in droves, and the military conducts 'training exercises' in prisons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Ampres's national animal is the Dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ampres was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Ampres was endorsed by The Kingdom of JackJG.
- : The Kingdom of New Woking appointed Ampres as President with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Iveagh.
- : Ampres's influence in Iveagh rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Ampres lodged a message on the Iveagh Regional Message Board.
- : Ampres's influence in Iveagh rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Ampres's influence in Iveagh rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Ampres published "program" (Bulletin: Campaign).
- : Ampres's influence in Iveagh rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Ampres was admitted to the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: 1 » JackJG.