The Kingdom of Amabanana is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its national health service, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 571 million Amabananans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Amastrawberry. The average income tax rate is 61.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Amabananan economy, worth 58.5 trillion Amabananas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 102,480 Amabananas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
School football matches are usually five-a-side, picnickers are lucky if a few wasps are the only animals that trouble them, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, and hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Amabanana's national animal is the Antelope, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Amabanana, hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Amabanana, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- : Following new legislation in Amabanana, picnickers are lucky if a few wasps are the only animals that trouble them.
- : Following new legislation in Amabanana, school football matches are usually five-a-side.
- : Following new legislation in Amabanana, a handful of megacorporations own every "craft brewery" in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Amabanana, much of Amabanana's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence.
- : Following new legislation in Amabanana, nose plugs are the latest Amabananan fashion accessory.
- : Following new legislation in Amabanana, mall countdown clocks warn that there are only 364 more shopping days until Maxxmas.
- : Amabanana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Amabanana, artificial intelligences seeking exciting work are overcome with ennui.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Kuriko, Anisopterra, Valentian Elysium, Wysrod, Karlando, Recon Island, Itic, Dustwind, Krystalveil, Evertopia, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Nooooooooooooooo, Solsevara, Ali Faridi, United Kingdom of Selesnia, The Republic of Osea, Ignis Cinere, Lisokyo, Bortheria, and Marxist Germany.