|Leader||Supreme Leader Amaa|
The Imperial Confederacy of Amaabj is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Supreme Leader Amaa with an iron fist, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, anti-smoking policies, and avowedly heterosexual populace. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 3.49 billion Amaabjians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newport. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 93.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Amaabjian economy, worth 692 trillion Dongeries a year, is highly specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 198,304 Dongeries, with the richest citizens earning 8.1 times as much as the poorest.
Supreme Leader Amaa often plays real life games of Tower Defense against hordes of angry villagers, a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII', children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, and religious bigotry and a fear of outsiders have replaced religious studies in schools. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Amaabj's national animal is the Brachylophus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Amaaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Empire of White Science appointed Amaabj as Security Officer with authority over Border Control in The Writing Alcove.
- : Amaabj's influence in The Writing Alcove rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Following new legislation in Amaabj, religious bigotry and a fear of outsiders have replaced religious studies in schools.
- : Amaabj lodged a message on the The Writing Alcove Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Amaabj, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- : Following new legislation in Amaabj, a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII'.
- : Amaabj voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Amaabj endorsed The Imperial Federation of Augustasia.
- : Amaabj's influence in The Writing Alcove rose from "Ambassador" to "Negotiator".
- : Amaabj was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
Endorsements Received: None.