The Imperial Protectorates of Altruistic Paladins is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Emperor Norton II with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, national health service, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.741 billion Altruistic Paladins enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy, Defense, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mount Celestia. The average income tax rate is 97.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Paladin economy, worth a remarkable 2,860 trillion Licets a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 224,478 Licets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, and organ donation is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown. Altruistic Paladins's national animal is the canid, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Altruistic Paladins's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Altruistic Paladins's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Sprat" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Altruistic Paladins altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Altruistic Paladins, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Altruistic Paladins, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams.
- : Following new legislation in Altruistic Paladins, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Altruistic Paladins relocated from Osiris to Democratic Socialist Assembly.
- : Altruistic Paladins was refounded in Osiris.
- : Altruistic Paladins ceased to exist in Democratic Socialist Assembly.
- : Altruistic Paladins was endorsed by The Althing of Ratateague.