|Leader||King Álvaro IV|
The Royal Concord of Alterrum is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Álvaro IV with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, triple-decker prams, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 11.423 billion Alterrans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Social Policy, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Idryll. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 83.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Alterran economy, worth a remarkable 2,560 trillion mercators a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 224,139 mercators, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,015,456 per year while the poor average 30,356, a ratio of 33.5 to 1.
Children raised in multi-faith households claim the other deity would let them stay up later, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions, songs in 4/4 time are simply too common for the musical cognoscenti, and the "temporary replacement bus service" is now a permanent fixture. Crime is totally unknown. Alterrum's national animal is the orca, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Buddhadharma.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alterrum was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Aprait.
- : Following new legislation in Alterrum, the "temporary replacement bus service" is now a permanent fixture.
- : Alterrum endorsed The Federal Republic of Aprait.
- : Alterrum endorsed The Incorporated States of Loofastria.
- : Alterrum endorsed The Kingdom of LordOd.
- : Alterrum endorsed The Iron Monarchy of Ytom.
- : Alterrum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Land Management".
- : Following new legislation in Alterrum, songs in 4/4 time are simply too common for the musical cognoscenti.
- : Following new legislation in Alterrum, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions.
- : Following new legislation in Alterrum, children raised in multi-faith households claim the other deity would let them stay up later.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Kuriko, Lamborghini Murcielago, Isentran, Anollasia, Achiotopia, Dustwind, Zyrcrestia, Old Atlantica, Datland, Better Indonesia, Palman, Wysrod, Seranis, Maalemzya, Cyber Revolution, The Republic of the Cherokee Nation, Ignis Cinere, Zopciria, Berzerkastan, Polka Republic, The Parandeam, Krystalveil, Grahnol, New Udonia, DunNaGall, West Coulee, Radicarcs, Sygnafylki, and Aprait.