The Dominion of Alpine Triarii is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 1.8 billion Alpine Triariians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 41.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Alpine Triariian economy, worth 54.0 trillion Kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 30,013 Kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The dish 'poisson avec poison' is only available on the black market, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right, and the government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alpine Triarii's national animal is the Sea Hawk, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alpine Triarii's influence in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Alpine Triarii's influence in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Alpine Triarii's influence in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Alpine Triarii's influence in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Alpine Triarii's influence in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Alpine Triarii relocated from Balder to Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.
- : Alpine Triarii altered its national flag.
- : Alpine Triarii was refounded in Balder.
- : Alpine Triarii ceased to exist in The Rejected Realms.
- : Alpine Triarii's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".